MTS Iceplex, which opened in August 2010, provides to Winnipeg and the capital region 20,000 hours of annual ice capacity and will attract 650,000 patrons annually, on four ice rinks. True North Sports & Entertainment Limited has recently completed construction on a 21,000 square foot addition to MTS Iceplex which began in September 2015. The two-story structure was added to the east side of the existing MTS Iceplex, and provides: new home team dressing room facilities for the Winnipeg Jets and Manitoba Moose, office space for Moose hockey operations staff, and office and storage space for the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Academy operating by the True North Youth Foundation.
Here’s who can participate:
- To be eligible to play you must be a minimum of 30 years of age. The exception is each team is allowed 3 players between the ages of 25-29.
- Eligible players are only those listed on the game sheet at the time of play.
- Players are required to have proper identification on them at all times.
- In order to be eligible to play, individuals must raise their required minimum of $750 CAD by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017.
Please note these important Fundraising Rules:
- To be eligible, teams of 16 (minimum) to 20 (maximum) players and one coach will raise a minimum of $750 CAD through corporate or individual donations to play in the tournament.
If players do not raise the required minimum of $750 CAD by the deadline of 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017, they will not qualify for participation or be permitted to play in the tournament. Any donations received by the True North Youth Foundation up to that point will be retained by the Foundation.
- Each team is guaranteed to play three games.
- All games will consist of three 15-minute periods.
- All teams must be ready to play at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled time.
- In the first period, the clock will start at 20 minutes for warm up, with the puck dropping at 15 minutes, and will not stop until the first stoppage in play. If an excessive delay occurs, teams may receive a delay of game penalty.
- If opposing teams have matching sweaters, the VISITING team must change.
- Ties will be broken by a shoot out by three players on each team.
- Standard non-contact rules apply.
- Only CSA-approved equipment is allowed, except for out-of-town teams in which case the rules of their local governing body will apply.
- No centre red line (blue line icing). Automatic icing in effect.
- All players must sign the game sheet prior to start of each game.
- Any player receiving three minor penalties or a game misconduct will be ejected from the game and any player receiving a match or major fighting penalty will be ejected from the tournament.
- Any game misconduct (other than a match or major fighting penalty) occurring in the last five minutes of a game will result in an additional one game suspension.
- Persistent lack of control exhibited by a team will result in ejection of the team from the tournament.
- If a slap shot is taken (no penalty), the play will be whistled down and a face-off will be taken to the nearest neutral zone dot.
Organizers reserve the right to assign individual players to teams, as appropriate, and increase or reduce the number of teams at their sole discretion.
All Tournament rules and regulations are subject to change, and any decisions made by organizers are final. Other conditions may apply.
- Wednesday, February 22 – The Draft
- Thursday, February 23, 7:45 am – 4:45 pm – The Tournament
- Thursday, February 23, 5:00 pm – Top Fundraising Team vs. NHL Legends